As a Buyers Only Agent – also called an Exclusive Buyers Agent, I represent ONLY buyers.
I never list properties and I never represent a seller. This is real estate with a twist – something new and different, and so unique that there are currently only a few dozen of us Buyers Only Agents nationwide.
And, I am the only Buyers Only agent working in West Seattle. A rare bird indeed.
So, what is the advantage of working with a Buyers Only agent?
First and foremost, it eliminates the conflict of interest commonly present when a buyer uses a brokerage that lists properties. For example, if a real estate office such as John L. Scott or Windermere, holds a listing, and one of the company’s agents brings a buyer to the sale, the brokerage itself is actually legally bound to act in a dual agency role, continuing to represent the seller even when one of the agents is working to represent a buyer.
There is also a strong motivation – and sometimes direct compensation bonuses - for agents in the brokerages that list homes to complete sales on the ” in-house” properties that are listed with the agency. This can lead to showing preferences given to the company’s listings and agents who may be more focused on increased commissions and getting a deal signed rather than ensuring that a home is right for you – or representing you to make sure that the price and terms are of the greatest benefit to you as the buyer.
As a Buyers Only agent I represent only you and I work tenaciously and tirelessly to make sure your interests are fully met.
- I show all homes on the market, regardless of who has it for sale.
- I will give you the facts, good and bad about a listing and will research a property before showing it to you.
- I negotiate the best price and terms possible for you and make sure your interests are fully represented from start to finish.
- I help you find ethically sound financing, inspectors, insurance, legal help and other experts as necessary.
- I am a small locally owned brokerage – not a large franchise. I know and love West Seattle and will share my local area knowledge and expertise.
- As a Buyers Only Agent, I am paid from the sale proceeds at closing and you don’t pay out of pocket expenses for my services.